Friday Randomness - And I Do Mean Random!
It's Friday and I have a short attention span... just roll with it.
1) Haiti: Actually, I take the short attention span back. We must not let our minds wander from the honor of helping the people of Haiti. These are our brothers and sisters and they still need our help. Pretty soon the news media will disappear and the telethons will be over - but millions of people's lives have been changed irrevocably. And I can't get this image I saw over at Tafari's blog out of my mind. I see my sons in that picture. (warning, it is VERY graphic)
I've written a couple of times about the option of donating to the Haitian Community Hospital. Even if you only have $5 to give, every little bit counts.
Now, back to the real randomness.
2) John Edwards, You ARE the Father! This man's face should be in the dictionary next to "Trifling Hoodrat Behavior". But seriously, his official announcement that he's a baby daddy was kinda anticlimactic. Didn't we know this already? And I know Maury Povich is mad he didn't get to have Rielle Hunter on his show with the crowd saying, "That baby looks JUST like John!"
3) Diddy got Cassie preggo? Allegedly. I'm praying this is true because if it is it means we won't have to hear her moaning on another record again because she'll just live off the child support checks for the next 18 years. How many baby mama's does this man have now? And why doesn't he know how to use condoms? He's gross. Then again, this is probably not true and the same story will pop up in another six months. Or that he's marrying Kim Porter. (yeah, right.)
4) Old Men Like Me. Especially ones that ride the bus and lack teeth.
5) Birthday Party Planning. My eldest son turns nine on Sunday. I've been planning his party for over a week now. I am not good at party planning. I don't enjoy it. And all I can say is his little friends better show up or ELSE.
6) I Love Depeche Mode. This is not new information to many of you but I was listening to DM on the bus this morning while trying to avoid interacting with the play-on-playa with no teefers. You know what he said, don't you?
"Whatchu listenin' to, gurl?"
That song is the izzshizz.
7) Would No Teef Like Depeche Mode? Press 1 to vote "Yes". Press 2 to vote "No".
8) Team Conan? Team Leno? How about Team I Don't Care? Both of them are WAY overpaid and not very funny. How about cancel both shows and pay some actors to, you know, act. In good shows that I can't wait to watch every week. NBC should see Mad Men for reference if they don't know what that looks like.
9) National News? Really? So today the LAFD rescued a dog from the raging Los Angeles River. And it was on MSNBC, Fix News and HLN. Not that I'm anti-animal but why was this news? Maybe I should call up a reporter the next time No Teef tries to mack on the bus. And of course now the poor firefighter who rescued the dog is in the hospital with multiple dog bites.
10) Rain, Rain, Rain! Last time I checked, yeah, it's still raining in Los Angeles. The LA Times has a pretty diverse collection of pictures from the torrential downpouring that's gone on this week. Picture 18 is why it's a bad idea to go in the Pacific Ocean after it rains.
11) I'm Running 11 Miles Tomorrow. I don't want to say it'll be a piece of cake but, yeah, um, I think it will be! Whoo hoo!
12) I still love my new job. Go check out all the cool things I've gotten to write about in the past couple of weeks. If you didn't apply for the 1st round of Pepsi Refresh grants, guess what? A new deadline is coming up! You get another chance!
13) DayQuil + Red Bull. Yeah, I put this unlikely combo together yesterday and the result is that I told someone interviewing me that I've been married 12 years. Uh, no. It has not been that long. But at least my cold seems to be on the mend!
I warned you... absolutely random. Hope you have a great weekend!
It must be a pain having to ward off all the lecherous old guys. Perhaps they should be blindfolded while they're on the bus, lol.
I hope eldest son enjoys the birthday party and makes all the effort worthwhile....
Don't ya just love it when 11 miles seems like a nice easy run?
The naysayers I why I've mostly donated to the hospital. That way I'm sure the money will go to good use.
My boy did enjoy his party a whole lot. It is a pain warding off the guys. Even the ones with teeth can get annoying because they can't ever take no for an answer. One minute they want to talk to you, the next they're calling you a bitch because you're not into them. Hate that. :(
Oh that's weird. I'll let someone on our tech team know. I hope you have a project you're going to apply for! :)
The amount of party planning depends on how big/elaborate you want the party to be. I was going for normal sized but it still required a lot of planning and figuring out. Whew! But it was fun. He had a ball! Good point about dogs being able to swim! I guess they figured the current was so powerful that Fido would drown.
I'd been writing about serious things all week for work so I guess I needed a little bit of whimsy! I like that word! :)
I guess you're sending the rain back south. It's supposed to hit us tomorrow.
YES! I love that! But up this weekend is a 24 miler!