No Cloning Allowed
I have had so much going on over the past couple of days that I have been slacking on almost all forms of internet communication! My Twitter feed is collecting day-old cobwebs, I'm behind on email... oh, wait, I take it back. I haven't disconnected completely. I updated my Facebook status to reflect my experience eavesdropping on a woman who wanted to fire her assistant because "She's just too f***ing fat to work for me! She's making me look bad. She's gotta go!"
Yeah, Happy Holidays to you too, lady!
Anyway, my dear friend from college, Daphne, saved me from total blog purgatory by sending me one of those "About me" emails. Just when I was only going to reply to her, I figured I'd share my responses with you all instead of writing about how both my kid's kung fu studio and our local video store are closing/relocating due to a greedy, rent-raising landlords. So here goes:
1. What is your occupation right now? mom, blogger, writer
2. What color are your socks right now? Not really "socks". More like lacy, black tights because it's been REALLY cold here in LA.
3. What are you listening to right now? Vinyl Life's "Future Beat". I still like the song even though I sliced my thumb pretty badly the other night because I was dancing to it while cooking dinner.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Youngest son's basketball coach. Basketball season is starting next week!
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Football or basketball.
10. What is your favorite drink? Soy chai latte.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Only with non-permanent dyes and now only with henna. No more chemical dyes for me.
14. Favorite day of the year? Any day I'm alive, although I'll admit I really do dig Halloween.
15. How do you vent anger? Not very maturely, unfortunately. And that's all I'll say about that.
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Absolutely.
21. Who is least likely to respond? My friend Daphne (who sent this to me) said on hers, "That's hard because I'm usually the least likely person to respond." Yep, I would've put her too! She almost NEVER writes back, but I love her anyway!
22. Living arrangements? I have a cozy, rent-controlled apartment in the lovely City of Los Angeles.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Um, uh, let's not talk about that, okay? Stuff that should be hung up.
27. What are you most afraid of? My children being abducted or killed.
28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? Veggie burger with everything but mayo. I hate mayo.
29. Favorite dog breed? I love pugs. I want one.
30. Favorite day of the week? Thursday
31. How many states have you lived in? Four
32. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, but I hate the war and oppression that has happened in the pursuit of diamonds. I think they're all basically "conflict" diamonds. Still though, aren't they purty?
And so, with that, I will head back out the door to run yet MORE errands. I should tag some of you with this, but I won't. However, if you'd like to give it a go, have at it!