Squeakquel Spring Break - Movie Review & Giveaway
It's spring break. That means I'm letting my kids stay up late and watch lots of fun movies.
You know what I realized tonight after having to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 "The Squeakquel" for the second time in the past three days? I may think the chipmunks are a little cheesy, but I'm not the target audience and my sons really like them.
I'm also not a bad mom because I'm letting my boys watch a movie they like more than once in the same week. Over and over again on repeat if they want. Because it's spring break. Dear PR people, thank you for sending me a copy to review because you're helping occupy my family with fun during spring break.
In all seriousness, I'm cool letting my boys watch the Squeakquel, especially since there's no blood, gore or violence. No rump shaking - oh, wait, I take that back because the girl group the Chipettes have a hilarious renditions of Beyonce's "Single Ladies". But don't listen to me, here's what my boys say:
Mr. O, age 9: "I thought it was pretty fun since the guy chipmunks have a competition with the girl chipmunks. There was a lot more music and it was pretty amazing and funny." He gives it three stars.
Mr. T, age 6: "It was good. I wish it had them skateboarding. That would've been really cool." He also gives it three stars - and yes, he's obsessed with skateboarding. He's six and he has three skateboards.
Anyway, to make it sort of educational, how about some Squeakquel coloring sheets? You can print those out and make your kids color them if that will make you feel better about them having more TV screen time than is recommended by your pediatrician. Don't think coloring is educational? Sigh, I'll pray for you.
Oh, wait, you haven't seen the FIRST Alvin and the Chipmunks movie yet? Want to win a copy of it?
Here's how you enter:
- You must live in the United States
- Leave a comment and a working contact email by 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, April 1, 2010! Please also leave a name. If you are anonymous and I can't tell who you are, your comment entry will be disqualified.
- For additional giveaway rules and legal disclaimers, please click here.
- Post this giveaway on Twitter. Leave a separate comment letting me know you did so.
- Post this giveaway on your blog. Leave a separate comment with a link to the site you posted it on.
- Fan Los Angelista on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know you did so, with your FB ID - and if you're already a fan, just let me know your ID in a separate comment.
UPDATE: The winner is CASEY!!! Congratulations! :) Thanks to everyone that entered!
P.S. It's Casey, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
amancia at gmail dot com
amancia at gmail dot com
Thanks, Brittany Chambers email@example.com
bermann.dena at gmail dot com
We have yet to see this movie by the way. We still love the first one though.
thanks so much and if I don't leave a comment before Sunday - Happy Easter to you all and hears hoping you all have a wonderful day filled with family fun!
74 barb @ gmail dot com