The Oscars Are Over, Thank Goodness For That
The Oscars is over. I'm tired... too tired to do a sociological analysis of Gabby Sidibe vs Sandra Bullock and Bigelow vs Cameron or Avatar vs everything. But before I go pass out...
1) Mariah Carey - STOP pouring outta your clothes. Wear stuff that fits. And if you have an eggo in your preggo... just admit it.
2) Samuel L. Jackson's side eye: Oh my goodness, if you caught it, it was HILARIOUS.
3) Sarah Jessica Parker's hair - My hair used to look like that when I was little and I'd just crawled out from under a bed.
4) Morgan Freeman with his, ahem, step grand daughter - I can't even look at him the same. I'm just grossed out. Barf.
5) Mo'Nique - Best supporting actress winner. She's a long way from hosting crap like Charm School. But thanking BET? Really?
6) Oprah - She was looking fab and I loved what she said about Gabby Sidibe.
7) Geoffrey Fletcher winning for his Precious screenplay: First African American to win in the category. Interesting how neither he nor Mo' Nique mentioned the book's author, Sapphire, in their acceptance speeches. Things that make you go hmm.
8) Sean Penn - What in the world was he blathering on about before he announced Best Actress?
9) Keanu Reeves - His facial hair made me think he's auditioning for the part of the Werewolf II. Seriously, full beards are experiencing an interesting renaissance in Hollywood. Is this the case in middle America, too?
10) John Hughes Tribute - Made me miss him and Chicagoland, and was it just me or did Molly Ringwald look nervous as heck?
11) Farrah Fawcett - Left off that "in memoriam" tribute. That was NOT cool.
12) Kanye Ain't the Only Rude One - I guess the creators of the short form documentary winner, Music By Prudence, are fighting. The female half of the duo came off looking like some random rude lady who rolled up and snatched the mic from the winner. It was INSANE!
13) Brad and Angelina - How come they weren't there?
14) The Interpretive Dance Thing - My youngest son had the best comment about it. "Those dancers were awesome! I'll bet they're tired. They just made my back feel sweaty!"
And with that, I'm going to bed. I've devoted enough hours of my life to the Oscars. G'nite.