Win 2 Tix to Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland and You Might See Dudes Dressed as the Ghostbusters
Avoid getting arrested and go to Mickey's Halloween Party, a special ticketed event on certain Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays in October--and, of course on Halloween night--instead. You'll have more fun there than at the police station, and you'll have an excuse to eat all the candy you normally don't eat because you want your pants to fit.
Disneyland invited my family down for the party's opening night last Friday night. I'd been sick with the flu all week but my sons would've probably tried to burn me at the stake if I'd been all, "Sorry, we can't go."
Despite my fatigue, the trip was totally worth it. The whole park gets tricked out with hundreds of carved pumpkins, Mickey pulls out his non-sparkly vampire costume, and several of the rides get a spooky makeover. We hit up Space Mountain first--it's turned into the "Ghost Galaxy" and has a scary monster chasing the rollercoaster. Just be aware that you will probably have one of two reactions to riding Ghost Galaxy: stunned shock and awe...or tongue out and making weird hand motions.
If your kid is over 3-years-old, have them get a makeover at the Pirates League in New Orleans Square. Eleven-year-old Mr. O got transformed into a pretty fierce pirate. With that beard my baby's looking really grown, isn't he?
Eight year-old Mr. T passed on the pirate makeover and stuck with the cowboy outfit he's been dying to wear. I was supposed to be a pirate fortune teller but I forgot my eyepatch and scarf at home. I'm feeling pretty well protected by Pirate Blue Steel and Cowboy T.
We spent the rest of the night riding rides, eating candy, watching the Halloween-themed fireworks, eating more candy, party rocking at the Pirate Disco, and interrogating the dudes dressed up as the Ghostbusters about how they made their costumes. My nosiness paid off--you can buy your own at their Etsy shop!
The good news is I get to pay the fun forward! Disneyland hooked me up with TWO tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party on Tuesday, October 9, 2012 and I'm going to give them away to one lucky Los Angelista winner.
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment and a valid email on this post by 11:59 PM PST on Wednesday, October 3, 2012 telling me what your favorite Halloween costume was when you were a kid.
1. Tweet the following: "I want to win @Disneyland tickets from @LosAngelista #MickeysPirateDisco" along with a link to this post. Each tweet will be a separate entry, so the more you tweet, the more chances you have to win. Let me know your twitter handle in the comments on this post.
2. Like the Los Angelista Facebook Page: Leave another comment on this post letting me know you liked it. If you already like it, leave a comment telling me that.
The Fine Print:
- If you leave an anonymous comment or one that doesn't have a valid email attached to it, you'll get disqualified. (How am I supposed to tell who you are in case you win?)
- The winner will be chosen randomly. If the winner does not respond to my efforts to contact him/her via email, Facebook or Twitter by NOON Pacific Time on Thursday, October 4th, another winner will be chosen.
- Winners do not have to live in the Los Angeles/Orange County area, however they must provide their own transportation to Disneyland on October 9, 2012. Parking will not provided and hotel room or other travel/transportation costs are not included.
- If you win, I'm going to priority mail you the tickets.
- This is a non-transferable give-away, and winners are not permitted to sell/donate/give-away their ticket.
- Here are more rules you are agreeing to abide by if you enter. I don't want to be sued by anybody who gets to thinking that just because they enter, they've automatically won.